Hesperian Health Guides
Helping Children Who Are Deaf
The Healthwiki provides free information to 20,000 people every day.
This is made possible by donors like you!
Make a gift to support this essential health information people depend on.
HealthWiki > Helping Children Who Are Deaf
Table of Contents
- Introductory Material
- Chapter 1: Hearing difficulties and communication
- Chapter 2: Children who cannot hear well need help early
- Chapter 3: Guidelines for teaching language
- Chapter 4: Basic communication skills
- Chapter 5: What can your child hear?
- Chapter 6: Listening skills
- Chapter 7: Choosing and learning a language
- Chapter 8: Learning to use a sign language
- Chapter 9: Learning to use a spoken language
- Chapter 10: Social skills
- Chapter 11: Working together to help children who are deaf
- Chapter 12: Education
- Chapter 13: Preventing child sexual abuse
- Chapter 14: Support for parents and caregivers
- Chapter 15: Why children lose their hearing and what we can do
- Appendix A: Hearing Aids
- Appendix B: Cochlear implants and hearing
- Appendix C: Child Development Charts