Hesperian Health Guides
Helping Children Who Are Deaf
Every day 20,000 people get health information from our HealthWiki.
It's vital that we continue to develop, translate and distribute the essential information so many people depend on as they defend the health of their communities.
all you can. We promise to put it to the very best use.
Make a gift to support this essential health information people depend on.
HealthWiki > Helping Children Who Are Deaf
Table of Contents
- Introductory Material
- Chapter 1: Hearing difficulties and communication
- Chapter 2: Children who cannot hear well need help early
- Chapter 3: Guidelines for teaching language
- Chapter 4: Basic communication skills
- Chapter 5: What can your child hear?
- Chapter 6: Listening skills
- Chapter 7: Choosing and learning a language
- Chapter 8: Learning to use a sign language
- Chapter 9: Learning to use a spoken language
- Chapter 10: Social skills
- Chapter 11: Working together to help children who are deaf
- Chapter 12: Education
- Chapter 13: Preventing child sexual abuse
- Chapter 14: Support for parents and caregivers
- Chapter 15: Why children lose their hearing and what we can do
- Appendix A: Hearing Aids
- Appendix B: Cochlear implants and hearing
- Appendix C: Child Development Charts