Hesperian Health Guides
Chapter 2: Getting Started
The Healthwiki provides free information to 20,000 people every day.
This is made possible by donors like you!
Make a gift to support this essential health information people depend on.
A baby starts learning as soon as she is born. In the first 5 years, she will learn more skills, and learn them more quickly and easily, than at any other time in her life. So it is important to begin early assistance activities as soon as possible.
You may find it difficult, though, to know how to begin doing these activities with your child. This chapter is designed to help you get started and contains information on :
- making the best use of the information in this book
- deciding which activities to do first
- fitting these activities into your family’s daily life
In this book, we give information, reasons for doing things, ideas, and suggestions. You can use
this book to:
- understand more about blindness and child development.
- learn the reasons for doing each activity. This will make it easier for you to create other activities that accomplish the same goals.
- learn from others parents who have raised children with vision problems.
- develop and carry out learning activities that work best for you and your child.